Re: [gnome-db] libgda: Public and semi-public API?

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 22:13 +1000, Bas Driessen wrote:
> I agree that there needs to be much more documented, but it is a mess
> out there in the various Linux distributions, where different
> development libgda versions are used in various official
> distributions. So as soon as the API design is done, please release.
> Documentation can be added in follow up patch style releases. It has
> been several years since the last official libgda (1.2) release, so it
> needs to get out there.

I agree that things are a mess. However, I also know that API problems
are often found only when documenting the API. And you can't change API
after you've released a .0 version. Unless you do a new
parallel-installable version of the API.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com