Re: [gnome-db] database xml - xml database new from uri

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 20:57 +0200, Philippe CHARLIER wrote:
> Le lun 25/08/2003 à 19:34, Philippe CHARLIER a écrit :
> --<SNIP>--

> > > no, it's not normal. There is missing code in one function which I am
> > > adding as we speak. As soon as it's in CVS I'll send a message to the
> > > list so that you can get it and test it.
> > >
> > > sorry for the inconveniences, but thanks to you, we'll have a fully
> > > working GdaXmlDatabase, so just a bit of patience :-)
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >

> > Hi, no inconvenience at all ;)
> >
> > I was looking to the code of "_new_from_uri" and it seems to me that the
> > problem is on the test "if (table)" always true just after "table =
> > gda_table_new(name)" in the function
> > "gda_xml_database_new_table_from_node()".
> >
> > I wait for your new version and keep you advise ASAP.
> >
> > Phil
>
> I quickly tried with the new CVS version, it is always the same : an
> empty database.
>
> I tried once again, commenting out the following code in
> "gda_xml_database_new_table_from_node()" :
>
> -----
> table = gda_table_new (name);
> //if (table) {
> //  gda_log_error (_("Table %s already exists"), name);
> //  return NULL;
> //}
> -----

right, there was a typo there, it should be:

	if (!table) {

it's now fixed in CVS.

> I know it is certainly not the solution, nor a good idea to suppress
> this test, but I did it for troubleshooting.
>
> Now the tables are created (I get lot of other problems, but the tables
> are created ;-)
>
> I take the opportunity to ask another question related to the error
> messages appearing in the source code (with "gda_log_error").
> How is it possible to take track of them in my program.
> Now, if f.e. a table could not be created, the return value is just
> NULL, but I am unable to find why as I am unable to get the error
> message.

we could add an "error" signal to the XmlDatabase class, or, to be like
GdaClient, an "event_notification" signal.

Although, we are freezing in a couple of hours :-( But since this is not
really a new feature, I guess we can add it while in the freeze process
(next 2 weeks).