RE: [gnome-db] Compiling libgda in cygwin

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 10:37, Andres Moya wrote:
> El lun, 21-04-2003 a las 10:22, Andres Moya escribió:
> >
> > True, but in this case the problem is not in libgda nor even in gnome,
> > but in postgresql. Until now, all my compilations have been ok without
> > dynamic libraries (I've not tested performance nor executable sizes :-P)
> >
> > I'm using a postgresql package that is distributed already compiled, as
> > a standard Cygwin package. But it only comes with libpq.a. I'm going to
> > ask PostgreSQL people how can I compile the dynamic library. So I have
> > not put a bug in gnome bugzilla for this, yet.
>
> Oops. Not true.
>
> I have a mess in my head. :-P
>
> In fact, the problem is with the libraries that are generated for each
> provider (/usr/lib/libgda/providers/libgda-*).
>
> I wonder one thing: I'm using the build scripts in CVS, that are exactly
> the same as in Linux. I suppose that in Linux they generate shared
> libraries. Do you know why they don't in Cygwin?

I think because it's able to create .so in cygwin, which is what it
creates. I guess we need the AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL macro in configure.in,
as they do for the gnome2 on windows patches
(http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/. The ORBit patch includes
that macro, if you want to see an example).