RE: [gnome-db] Compiling libgda in cygwin

El vie, 18-04-2003 a las 12:20, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 00:35, Andres Moya wrote:

> > Now I've found another two issues, probably they have the same cause:
> >
> > 1) When I enable PostgreSQL provide with --with-postgres, the script
> > does not find it. It's because it looks for 'libpq.so' library
> > (configure.in, line 233), but in Cygwin the only library is 'libpq.a'.
> >
> > I've managed to compile all by changing this line by hand. :-P
> >
> you could do a 'AND' to check for one or the other, so that it works on
> both.

Ok, but this will fail if another people try to port libgda to other OS
:-?

Anyway, I've put a bug in Bugzilla for this.

> > 2) When running gda-test, the function gda_config_get_provider_list()
> > returns an empty list. This is because it looks for libraries in
> > LIBGDA_PLUGINDIR with extension G_MODULE_SUFFIX. In Cygwin this last
> > macro is defined as "dll", but the build tool does not generate .dll
> > versions of the libraries, only .a files. I don't know how to fix this.
> >
> yeah, what we need is to create .DLLs on windows. Did you have a look at
> the patches for GNOME 2 on win32 I sent the other day? I think they did
> solve that.

True, but in this case the problem is not in libgda nor even in gnome,
but in postgresql. Until now, all my compilations have been ok without
dynamic libraries (I've not tested performance nor executable sizes :-P)

I'm using a postgresql package that is distributed already compiled, as
a standard Cygwin package. But it only comes with libpq.a. I'm going to
ask PostgreSQL people how can I compile the dynamic library. So I have
not put a bug in gnome bugzilla for this, yet.

Greetings.

--
Andres Moya <Andres Moya hispalinux es>

Contra la guerra global permanente.
Foro Social Mundial - Otro mundo es posible.