RE: [gnome-db] Compiling libgda in cygwin

El jue, 27-03-2003 a las 12:11, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 10:25, Andres Moya wrote:
> > El mié, 26-03-2003 a las 13:21, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> > > given how the code is written in libgda, which makes it (mostly) not
> > > depend at all on a linux/unix system, I still think the best solution
> > > for this is to create win32 makefiles, and not use
> > > autoconf/automake/libtool at all, which, as we've already seen, makes
> > > things difficult.
> > >
> > > So, I'd propose to get the makefiles that are in the glib-2.0/gtk-2.0
> > > sources, which are done for MS's make and gcc (AFAIR) and use them as
> > > templates to create new win32-specific makefiles for libgda. I think
> > > this is going to be easier.

> > How difficult and portable would be to make this? This makefile, could
> > both be used to generate a native win32 library and a Cygwin one?
>
> iirc, I used glib's win32 makefile as a model for a lib I had to build
> in both windows and linux some time ago, and it was a 10 minutes work,
> so unless things have radically changed, I gues getting the glib's
> makefile and adapting it to build libgda shouldn't be too difficult.

> I know (a bit at least) auto*, the problem is auto* in windows seems a
> bit different than on unix, and I myself don't know about those
> differences. So, also given that nobody has succeeded in doing it the
> auto* way, I guess we could at least try the win32 makefile way.

Well, it seems that your solution worths trying, at least for compiling
libgda in a "true" windows environment. But under Cygwin, i still think
that the auto* solution should work, since it is intended to emulate a
unix environment, with all libraries, tools and directories /usr/lib,
/usr/include, etc. Anyway, i'm afraid that i'm not able to write the
handmade makefile, as i said before i'm still not used to gnu
compilation environment. I don't know even where to start... :-/

If someone does it, it will be great. Until then, I'm still trying
autogen, etc. And i have solved the errors that sent in my first mail
(they were quite simple, actually :). At the end of this mail I put the
solution, for if it is useful for someone.

But now I have another problem: the automake gives an error in all
files of module "libsql":

  autogen.out:libsql/Makefile.am: object `parser.$(OBJEXT)' created both
  with libtool and without

I'm not sure if this is caused by being compiling in Cygwin, or by the
version of automake i'm using, or anything else. I have automake 1.7.2-1

I have searched Internet, and it seems that this message is related to
having some .o files used in both a library and directly in an
executable. And has something to do with something introduced in
automake 1.6 :-?

Has anyone received this error?

Thanks

---

Solution of the previous errors->

1) The script gnome-autogen.sh (in gnome-common) uses some constructs
specific to bash (like the "local" keyword), but the file starts with
#!/bin/sh. This is no problem in Linux, because /bin/sh is a link to
/bin/bash. But in Cygwin and another Unixes, /bin/sh is the true Bourne
Shell, so the script does not work.

I have changed the first line to #!/bin/bash and it now works. In two
files:

/usr/local/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
/usr/local/share/aclocal/gnome2-macros/autogen.sh

2) The script use `aclocal --print-ac-dir` to find out the directory
where the .m4 macros are. This option usually returns the directory
where the macros actually are, but it may also return the location of a
"dirlist" file, that indirectly refers to the macros.

This aclocal feature is being used in Cygwin, but the script does not
recognize it. To solve this, i've added these lines in line 158 of
/usr/local/share/aclocal/gnome2-macros/autogen.sh, after this code:

if [ -f "$dir/$macro" ]; then
    macrofound=true
    break
fi

> if [ -f "$dir/dirlist" ]; then
>     dir=`cat $dir/dirlist`
>     if [ -f "$dir/$macro" ]; then
>         macrofound=true
>         break
>     fi
> fi

BTW, how do I submit a bug with this? I don't find "gnome-common"
library in bugzilla.gnome.org...

--
Andres Moya <Andres Moya hispalinux es>

"No a la guerra - Otro mundo es posible"
"No queremos a Bush - Tampoco a Sadam"