Re: [gnome-db]Required packages [ Was:Problem running gnomedb-mgr]

> >>Is it possible that the easel RPM's are simply incompatible with gnomedb?
> >I hope they're not. It seems to me that everything will be fixed when
> >you install the latest libgal and libgtkhtml versions. If you've got any
> >more problem, please report it again to the list.
>
> It all starts now.  But I have a couple of possible bugs:
>
> 1. I  can't seem to remove a date source,  clicking on the trash can with a database selected does nothing but deselect the database in the list.

hmm, this worked before, but it does not seem to work neither on my
copy. I'll have a look shortly.
I'm right now adding a new bug at bugzilla.gnome.org so that it does not
get forgotten.

> 2. Selecting the "Global" check box in the manager does nothing, as the box doesn't "stay clicked".  Running gnomedb-fe as non-root neither sees any data sources or permits them to be created.

yes, this does not work since we switched from gnome_config to GConf.
This is because there is not
a clear way of having "global" stuff in GConf. So, for the moment, it is
only possible to store
local configuration, whereas before, with gnome_config, it was possible
to have both. That's why
the "Global" check button is still on the configuration widget. I'll
also post a bug into bugzilla about
this.

Thanks for the report

> Overall the architecture of gnomedb looks fascinating,  and I'm very interested in getting it running enough to try gasql and gnumeric.  I am preparing a technical presentation on data access with Linux that currently includes gnome-db and unixODBC.  As an administrator of IMAP, LDAP, PostgreSQL, and Informix servers hosted on Linux it seems that now that all those great data sources are available, we need some really slick way to get at their content.  You guys may have the winning card.

wow, that's great! If you need more info for your presentation, just ask us.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/