Re: [gnome-db]Problem running gnomedb-mgr

On 13 Mar 2001 14:22:39 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> I have installed gnome-db on two helix gnome Linux boxes (one RH7 and one
> heavily upgraded RH6.2), and both exhibit the same problem.  The packages
> install OK,  but attempt to run gnomedb-mgr (which is the GUI configuration
> tool, yes?) simply hang.  It displays no messages and will sit there forever.
> I'm stumped.
>
> Relevant Packages Installed:
> ORBit-devel-0.5.6-0_helix_2
> ORBit-0.5.6-0_helix_2
> bonobo-0.33-0_eazel_1
> oaf-0.6.2-0_eazel_1
> oaf-devel-0.6.2-0_eazel_1
> GConf-devel-0.12-0_eazel_1
> GConf-0.12-0_eazel_1
> libgda-0.2.2-1
> libgda-devel-0.2.2-1
> gda-odbc-0.2.2-1
> gnome-db-0.2.2-1
> gnome-db-devel-0.2.2-1
> glibc-2.2-5

seems to me that this is a version mismatch problem between the
gnome-db/libgda binaries and oaf.
I would suggest you that you get the non-yet-released 0.2.3 version
sources, and generate the RPMs yourself. This is quite easy to do. You
can find the tarball at:

ftp://ftp.gnome-db.org/pub/gnome-db/sources/0.2.3/

RPM packages will be ready soon, as soon as we make the final release
(today or tomorrow).

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/