Re: [gnome-db]new version of gASQL and Libgda RPMS

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 09:54:42AM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > BTW, I managed to make some RPMS for the Mandrake 7.1 with Ximian Gnome but they are not
> > really good (problems with the menu system), but gnomedb-fe is working well on it.
> >
> > However I get a bonobo error message at bonobo init:
> > Bonobo-WARNING **: Can not resolve initial reference to ORB
> >
> > gASQL-ERROR **: Impossible d'initialiser bonobo
> > aborting...
> > Abort
> >
> > Can you check that the init of bonobo in gASQL works correctly for you, and tell me.
> >
> no, it does not work neither for me, but I've found the problem, which
> is that you're not calling gda_init or gnome_db_init. That is, the main
> function should look as follows:
>
> 	/* CORBA and GNOME init */
>         gda_init (PACKAGE, VERSION, argc, argv);
>         gnome_init_with_popt_table (PACKAGE,    /* app_id */
>                                     VERSION,    /* app_version */
>                                     argc, argv, options,        /*
> options */
>                                     0,  /* popt_flags */
>                                     &return_ctx);       /* return_ctx */
>
>         //if (bonobo_init (gda_corba_get_orb (), NULL, NULL) == FALSE)
>         //      g_error (_("Could not initialize bonobo"));
>         //bonobo_activate();
>
> that is, you call gda_init and you don't need to call bonobo_init, which
> is already called by gda_init/gnome_db_init. Doing this change made it
> work for me.

I have never had this problem before. I think I had checked the init functions
in the main() where the same as for gnomedb-fe, and it has always worked for me!
Well at least this works on the Mandrake 8!

Do you think I should make a new tarball with this modification, or go without
modification, and wait till we find what the bug for the Mandrake is and then make
a new release?

Thanks,

Vivien