Re: gnome-db 0.2.0 installed, but...

> Well, my gnomedb-* has the functionality of a marble. :) I can open the
> About menu, and open the properties dialog box where I can load the
> components, that don't stay loaded and never run. All I get are blank
> grey screens. Please tell me there's more than this? I'd at least like
> to be able to connect to my MySQL db and browse the tables... The
> rolodex is a blank window, the GnomeDB Builder shows a window and
> menu-items, but the menu is non-functional and the front-end is the same
> way, excepting the About and the Printer Setup, and of course, Exit. I
> downloaded the tar.gz of both the libgda and gnome-db and ran the
> appropriate spec files on each in rpm. No warnings really, and excepting
> a missing intl directory and contents which didn't make a difference,
> the config on both seemed to go smoothly...

of course it's more than that. Can't you see, in the front-end, a toolbar on the
left of the window area? There, a button for each component should appear, and
when pressed, a component should be shown on the main window area.

In fact, the SQL component should be loaded at start time.

Or maybe, it's because you've got an old ~/.gconf/gnomedb-fe directory. Try
removing it, since the new version checks for the existance of this
directory to generate the default config. So, if it's present, that default
config is not generated.