gnome-db 0.2.0 installed, but...

Well, my gnomedb-* has the functionality of a marble. :) I can open the
About menu, and open the properties dialog box where I can load the
components, that don't stay loaded and never run. All I get are blank
grey screens. Please tell me there's more than this? I'd at least like
to be able to connect to my MySQL db and browse the tables... The
rolodex is a blank window, the GnomeDB Builder shows a window and
menu-items, but the menu is non-functional and the front-end is the same
way, excepting the About and the Printer Setup, and of course, Exit. I
downloaded the tar.gz of both the libgda and gnome-db and ran the
appropriate spec files on each in rpm. No warnings really, and excepting
a missing intl directory and contents which didn't make a difference,
the config on both seemed to go smoothly...

Mike