Re: gnome-db 0.1.0

> I'm waiting for the libgda to finish compiling before I do the gnome-db
> - it's refreshing to see "alpha" or even "beta" level code compile
> without tons of warnings... Now if I could just get the
> gtkhtml-0.7.-helix.src.rpm to compile, I'll be happy. I didn't see it in
> your required libs list for 0.2.0 - so I assume it's not needed? At the
> bottom of this message is a snip of the failure. Ideas?

it is not needed, and gnome-db should compile without it. But maybe, you've got
an old version lying around? If so, after running configure, just edit
config.h and comment out the #define HAVE_GTKHTML line

> > the backend (called libgda) is the most complete part of the
> > architecture, so you can safely
> > use it for what you want. You can, for a quick start, look at the files
> > in the libgda/testing
> > directory, where you'll see simple examples. For a more complete use,
> > you'll ahve to look
> > at the GNOME part, specially the gnome-db/lib and gnome-db/components
> > directories.
>
> Just wanted to let you know compile cratered in the src.rpm because it
> failed to find the TODO. I just edited that out of the spec file and am
> recompiling...

ok, thanks. fixed

> Hee Hee - trouble just follows me - all the gda-odbc stuff didn't
> compile or get installed into the rpm-root directory resulting in rpm
> cratering again. After browsing the BUILD directory, I noticed that the
> mysql and postgres got compiled but there were no object or binary files
> for odbc - could that be an error in the Makefile? Or was it just left
> out on purpose and the spec file not updated?

no, the odbc provider should be compiled. When running configure, what did
it say about ODBC?

> Mike
> --------------6F8DB249868D272866C8CA58
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
> -I. -I. -I../.. -DGNOMEDATADIR=\""/usr/share"\"                       -DGNOMELOCALEDIR=\""/usr/share/locale"\"                -I../../src
> -I.                                           -I.
>                                       -I/usr/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include
> -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include                                  -I/usr/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H
> -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/gnome-xml
> -DUNICODE_USE_SYSTEM_ICONV
>           -pipe -O2 -m486 -fno-strength-reduce -Wall -Wunused    -c HTMLEditor-skels.c
> HTMLEditor-skels.c: In function `get_skel_HTMLEditor_Resolver':
> HTMLEditor-skels.c:110: structure has no member named `query_interface'
> HTMLEditor-skels.c:111: `_ORBIT_skel_Bonobo_Unknown_query_interface' undeclared (first use in this function)

he, he. New bonobo version with code using the old one. This method is now
called queryInterface. But this function (_ORBit....) is generated by orbit-idl,
so remove these files (HTMLEditor-{skels,stubs,common}) and re-run. And
anytime you find an error like this (query_interface undefined), just replace
it with queryInterface.