Re: a small summary.

Hi Dietmar,

> Everything has a price - so the question is if it is better to be
> compatible or to to have a better solution from the technical view.

Here I was not speaking so much about the merger itself, more about how I
feel, the community handles compatibility issues at all.

> IMHO merging the
> projects means merging the best of both projects, as opposed to extract
> the best of GNOME and merge it into OpenOffice.

Basically that is what we would do, but of cause here and there taking a
sub-optiomal technical solution, if the impact in compatibility is just
too big otherwise. That naming conventions are mostly neutral for the
technical quality of a solution, we both know.

	Michael