a small summary.

hi all,

I have been pretty harsh lately in my mails to various mailing
lists so I am going to try to explain why and perhaps I will
bring something to the technical discussion.

I personally have the strange feeling that Michael, Miguel and
the other Michael are trying to enforce something I see as
completely unlogical: major renames everywhere.
        - studly caps
        - the X

What I cannot get and there might be a logical explanation
to this which I would dearly like to hear is why those changes
are necessary for the integration in open office: the open
office people are smart people (who have as they pointed out numerous
times developed more than a few hundred interfaces) so I cannot
understand why they cannot use either a different naming
convention when trying to access bonobo interfaces or a wrapper
for bonobo interfaces. Is it soo difficult to get used to different
naming schemes and architectures ?

To summarize how I feel about all this: "It is just like hitting
wall of concrete with bare fists". It seems as if all the
people on the list had already made their minds about what they
want to do. Discussion seem to be useless unless we agree with
them.

The main purpose of this post is to point out my growing frustration
because of this obvious unwillingness to compromise. I know others
feel the same. So, if what I described is not something which is
done on purpose I would strongly suggest interested parties to
think about it.

If I were not working at Eazel right now, I would already have
unsubscribed from this list and quit the Gnome project.
It is far from being fun anymore and quiting is what I will do when
I go back to university in december (I hear people doing happy sounds
at this but those people who are happy to see me get out soon should
wonder how such a happy enthousiastic young lad as me turned into a
bitter old asshole so quickly)

I hope the above mail will make people think. I even folishly believe
it might make them change their behaviour.

Mathieu
--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu eazel com>