Re: Our (unwritten) directive/policy/rules

On 1/14/07, Christian Kirbach <christian kirbach googlemail com> wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:49:24 +0100, Bruno Boaventura
<brunoboaventura gmail com> wrote:

>>   http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/Directive

> Behdad pointed out that in some projects (like gtk+ and nautilus)
> developers have no time to check new bug reports so fast, and we have to
> give still more time to these reports.

gtk+ and nautilus .. updated. Any others that are understaffed?

> So... the Bugsquad Directives must be very flexible, considering how big
> is the project, how many dups the reports have and, of course, thinking
> that many triagers have no programming acknowledge.

We do not need rules for everything. using common sense is good enough in
many cases.
 From my poiint of view, the Directive should give an outline for our
habits and judgements.

Why have two triage guides (one named "Directive") instead of just
one?  Is the point of the Directive just a staging area until we agree
on details which are then later merged into the triage guide?  If so,
that makes sense to me, but otherwise my gut feeling is that it's an
arbitrary split of the triaging guidelines that might be confusing.

I like the additional guidelines so far; thanks for documenting these
things.  :)

Cheers,
Elijah