Re: Our (unwritten) directive/policy/rules

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 00:41 +0100, Christian Kirbach wrote:

> I've created a new wiki page
>
>   http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/Directive

Thanks for start this discussion, Christian. Really it's time to define
some rules for bug's state changes.

IMO, bug reports which stay 30 days in NEEDINFO should be marked as
INCOMPLETE (if it have no dups). 60 days could be used to bugs with
duplicates. I was using to close all bugs in 30 days, with Andre's
agreement, but, rethinking on this, bugs with dups must have more time.

Behdad pointed out that in some projects (like gtk+ and nautilus)
developers have no time to check new bug reports so fast, and we have to
give still more time to these reports.

So... the Bugsquad Directives must be very flexible, considering how big
is the project, how many dups the reports have and, of course, thinking
that many triagers have no programming acknowledge.

Cheers,

Bruno