Re: trying to get started with pyatspi

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alejandro Piñeiro" <apinheiro igalia com>
On 18/11/15 19:29, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

yes I am probably being overly sarcastic and if you want to ding me for it,

I'm not sure why you concluded that I was dinging you on my previous
email.

sorry for the confusing language. I did not intend to imply you were dinging me but instead admitting to
being a bit of a jerk in how I was expressing my frustrations.  I was approaching full-on uppity crip mode.

This was (partially) discussed with Simon developers. In general
AtkAction API can be improved in several ways. In any case, right now
most activatable UI elements (like buttons), can be activated without
the need of simulating mouse click events using the AtkAction API.

ok, here is where I would start.  3 interfaces:  tell me your state,  use this state, and  apply changes.

If you think about it, that's what virtually all accessibility interfaces need. Granted, status sometimes a
meta-concept such as " who has focus?" or "give this focus!"  But if you can ask questions about internal
state, set internal state and then activate your changes, what more do you need? I should point out that this
is from a level triggered  perspective. Event triggered would be a little more complicated but not by much.

in its simplest form, every  non-navigation UI element has a name and has a state. Each state is an object so
that we can capsule a complicated state management within the state itself. Application data such as a
drawing or a body of text is little more difficult to deal with but assuming it is an object one can retrieve
with methods one can use to manipulate state, it shouldn't be that big a problem.

one challenge would be that the business logic for activating an application feature would be a very
unfamiliar form from traditional coding.

--- eric