Re: Ang: AT for LD

Christian,

As Mats may recall (from conversations about this in AEGIS meetings), I have also long been interested in seeing such an app.  I personally believe that the foundational work supporting GNOME Shell Magnifier is the right place to start such an effort.  Much of what you would like to offer someone with LD is highlighting of various parts of the UI.  Also potentially stripping parts of the UI away that get in the way.  A research project called UI Façades (see http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~wolfgang/facades/ and the paper at http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~wolfgang/papers/uifacades.pdf) gives a sense of what is possible when you own the window manager, have X Composite & OpenGL, and leverage AT-SPI.

I personally hope developing something like this could be done in the context of a significant, funded research project.