Re: Negativ Layout in Gnome 3

Shaun, Joanie,

One other thing of value done by the GNOME (2.x) theme mechanism: well-behaved apps would substitute their default icons with icons custom designed for the theme.  This is of value to some users with some visual impairments: e.g. having a simplified black & white icon for each installed application helps more clearly tell them apart.

Down the road, it may make sense to have such icons installed, without making other changes from the theme, whilst letting the new awesomeness of GNOME Shell magnification do the rest of the work.

Peter