Re: Wayland plans for gnome-shell?
- From: Piñeiro <apinheiro igalia com>
- To: halim sahin freenet de
- Cc: gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Wayland plans for gnome-shell?
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:12:41 +0100 (CET)
From: Halim Sahin <halim sahin freenet de>
> At least nvidia seems not to have any plans to move to wayland.
> BTW.: is wayland already usable for anything?
> Or are we talking about wayland because of ubuntu's decision to move to
Take into account that this thread diverged from the original purpose,
so it would worth to read it completely.
* The original mail was just a Unity update  and I made some
additional questions .
* Alan Coopersmith asked if the eventual switch of Unity to Wayland
could affect .
* Michael Meeks pointed that this will not be a short-term move. 
* Alan Coopersmith agreed, but he mentioned that on his gnome 2.0
experience, it would be good to start to planify this kind of
things with time 
* As he was talking about GNOME 2.0, I mentioned that for GNOME 3.0,
GNOME Shell is implementing the magnification  so Alan
Coopersmith asked about Wayland plans for GNOME Shell 
* I CCed the mail to GNOME Shell list  and Owen Taylor answered
saying that this could happens (eventually) as this is the trend on
the X world, described some issued, and pointed that this is not a
short or medium-term issue 
So, although this debate started because Unity team announced that, in
general we were talking about it because Wayland is the current trend.
About if it is really usable: no idea. But I will repeat myself: this
move is not a short or medium term move. But, as Alan Coopersmith
said, it is good to take this kind of things on mind.
API (apinheiro igalia com)
] [Thread Prev