Re: Arabic Screen Reader

For Braille I think is working , but it's speech numbers instated of Arabic letters pronunciation  .

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Samuel Thibault <samuel thibault ens-lyon org> wrote:
Barakat El-Dareer, le Fri 19 Nov 2010 12:57:43 +0300, a écrit :
>           I'm so wonder if your team work on Arabic language support for Orca ,
> especially there are a lot of theme on Windows Hal, NVDA , Jaws and so on,
> that makes 1/6 of blindness people around the word out of Ubuntu.

Well, it should already be working: just select the arabic table in
the brltty preference menu, or use the arabic contraction table in
orca itself, and it should be working. It however seems like at-spi is
reporting digested arabic letters, i.e. not just use the U+06xy unicode
plane, but the U+FExy plane instead.

In any case, it's more a bug than a missing feature: arabic tables are
there already (and NVDA actually just uses the same table).

Samuel