Re: Unity Update

From: Alan Coopersmith <alan coopersmith oracle com>

> Piñeiro wrote:
>>   * Now the a11y group on Unity increases to two people?
>>   * It is permanent?
>>   * Any other thing to say?
>
> How about "Are there any a11y implications in the plan to move
> Unity from X11 to Wayland?"   (I really have no idea if Wayland
> provides any of the underlying infrastructure needed or not.)

Taking into account that right now there are no a11y infrastructure on
Unity, I guess that no ;)

Forgetting the jokes, using my experience on Cally (Clutter ATK
implementation): In general most of the implementation of ATK methods
doesn't depends of these lower layers. But, it is true that some
methods of Cally depends on X, specifically some methods of
AtkComponent related to get the absolute position of a actor on the
screen. That means that right now only the GLX backend work fine with
these methods, as I had to time to check other backends. AFAIK there
are a recent Wayland backend on Clutter, so this method will not work
properly here.

So I guess that this should be applicable also to any ATK
implementation on NUX. But as the move to Wayland is 'eventually' I
guess that they would require to start with X, and then reimplement
some of this functions for Wayland.

Of course, canonical developers have more information about it.

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)