Re: Ubuntu egdy and BRLTTY

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 09:55:47PM +0200, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm not one of those, but if someone can show me how to
> make this Just Work (or close to it) I'll try to get it into Edgy final.

For braille users, it might be better to run a text-based installer until this
is sorted out. I hope there is a text-mode installation tool on the CD.

To make BRLTTY work with Orca you will need a key for BRLAPI in
/etc/brlapi.key, which must be readable by the user who is running Orca. If I
remember rightly, this key is generated during the BRLTTY installation
process.

The user the needs to select "braille support" in the Orca configuration, as
already noted in this thread.

Having said that, I couldn't get it to work under Debian, but there are other,
larger problems with trying to run Orca under my Debian installation anyway
and I haven't had time to identify the cause or solve the problems.