Re: followup on Ubuntu (fwd)

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
For someone just starting out, I'd say that a live distribution such as GRML or
Knoppix would be the simplest way to find out about Linux.

Agreed. That would be the best way for a total new user to try out Linux, and that is a good point. Although, that still doesn't address the fact one of my major complaints about Ubuntu's documentation was that I have been using Linux distributions since the late 90's on and off, so I wasn't a complete new user to Linux, but I was clueless as to how to install and setup Ubuntu in particular. All I was looking for was some documentation on the web site or somewhere easy to find so I could read what needed to be done to get it installed successfully and hopefully on my own. Fortunately, we have the
ppage which is a good starting point for this purpose.