Ubuntu and gnopernicus problem.

Hi, list.
Ok, after an entire day of trying I do have a working Ubuntu 6.06 desktop system on my pc. Only during the process I have discovered what may be a very major bug in either Ubuntu's gnome-panel, gnopernicus, or both. If I do an alt+f2 to bring up Run, type gnopernicus, I get an error about gnome-panel quitting unexpectedly. Basically, I can not get gnopernicus to be run manually. However, when i got sighted help over to help solve the issue my dad went in to assistive technology support, turned everything on I needed, I restarted, and all was well with access. However, I am concerned about this issue as for those of us who might choose an unattended install this will pose a huge problem getting speech going if it crashes everytime you run gnopernicus from run.