Re: followup on Ubuntu (fwd)

Hi.

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
You can always mount the ISO.

That is only true if the person actually has a Linux system installed and can mount the iso to view it's contents. In my own recent experience I installed Ubuntu 6.06 to a brand new drive where no os was on it as I was having problems with my old drive which I removed from the machine and replaced and had no Linux os to view the iso file. While it was not the case for me I can also see some user coming from a Windows background who wouldn't have access to a Linux os to mount the iso and read it, and probably wouldn't know how if he or she did. So having these install notes, guides, etc in an alternative location and form is very helpful to someone just starting out.