Re: auto unattended installation of Ubunto?

Hi, Hank.

hank smith wrote:
hello is it possible to do a auto unattended installation of Ubunto?

Yes, it is. it is a bit of a pain to do it, but you need to write a unattend.cfg file, put it somewhere the installer can find it, and then pass the file name and other options to the installer at the boot prompt. I think the best place for your custom unattend file would be to mount your alternative install iso, copy it to the image, and then when installing pass it your cdrom location. I am still learning unattended installs myself, and by no means have it down to an exact science yet although I plan to be testing it some more on a laptop for practice.

also is the orca packages up to date in that version?

Orca doesn't come with Ubuntu, but you can get a package from Ubuntu Universe. Actually, after checking the package I installed was not 0.25 so it isn't the latest. In that case you'll want to grab gnome-devel, python-dev, build-essentials, etc and custom build orca. The gnopernicus that comes with Ubuntu can help you with that much of the install of orca.

Cheers.