Re: a couple of things about openoffice writer

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 11:42:12AM +0000, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> MICHAEL WEAVER wrote:
> > I have a couple of issues as regards Openoffice writer.
> > When I am creating a document, if I were to make a mistake and press the
> > Backspace key to delete it it just says "Backspace."
>
> What would you like Orca to say?
	For myself, I suggest the same thing as it is done on Windows,
i.e. after saying (if checked) the "Backspace" character, we can say the
actually just-deleted char.
I think also that this should be an Orca default and general setting ,
i.e. all applications and scripts should inherit this by default.

Moreover, another thing, when we move char by char and we go to the
end-of-line i.e. after the last char, Orca says the last character of
the line, as Jaws for Windows says "Blank" or "Empty", which is better I
think.
Example: Suppose a line "Hello World!" in OOO writer. If we do a right
arrow until the end of the line Orca will say H e l l o "blank" W o r l
d ! ! (it says the exclaim two times).
It would be better to say W o r ld ! "empty" with maybe an extra
"End of line" sentence if Verbose speaking is selected.