Re: a couple of things about openoffice writer

Hi all.

> 	For myself, I suggest the same thing as it is done on Windows,
> i.e. after saying (if checked) the "Backspace" character, we can say the
> actually just-deleted char.

Actually, that's what Orca is supposed to do.  And it's what it does do
under normal circumstances.  As I understand it, the problem is -- or
rather was -- the information being provided by OOo when Backspace is
pressed.  Prior to version 2.1, OOo was providing the current character
rather than the character that was just removed.  (Try backspacing from
some location other than the end of the line.)  Beginning with OOo 2.1,
the information being provided is the character that was just removed.
As a result, Orca now does what you'd expect.

You can get 2.1 from the openoffice.org site:
http://download.openoffice.org/2.1.0/index.html

HTH
Joanie