Re: yelp

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 11:08, Jakub Steiner wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 16:52, Calum Benson wrote:
>
> > It does look cool, but using a large banner image like you have there
> > could be a potential issue, unless it was themable.  The other icons
> > you're using would probably need to be themable too (does icon theming
> > even work within a gtkhtml page?), otherwise the 'arrows' in particular
> > wouldn't show up in the inverse themes.
>
> If images are a problem, I guess it would make sense to have a special
> plaintext version of the help pages. It's hard to make things pretty
> without images.

The DocBook pages already have graphics in them for admonitions (stuff
like "Note" and "Warning").  They're actually provided by Norm Walsh's
stylesheets, which the Yelp stylesheets import.  One of my goals for 2.6
is to make these images themeable.  Also, I have every intention of
using highlight colors for things like table headers in 2.6, which I'll
also find a means of making themeable.  It will probably take a good
chunk of code in Yelp on top of gtkhtml.

Thus, don't worry about whether these images are themeable.  They will
be.  Yelp needs some serious prettification.  I have no graphics skills
at all.  Seriously.  I once managed to make a pretty nice scale image of
a black pixel.  That's about it.  Help from a talented GIMPer would be
very appreciated.

--
Shaun