Re: [g-a-devel]recent gnopernicus "Language" files and support

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 16:23, Janina Sajka wrote:
> I want to speak up in strong support of appropriate approaches that
> support on the fly language changes. Frankly, it should even be possible
> to change laanguage in the middle of a document given the appropriate
> XML/HTML tagging.

By the way, by way of a shorter reply, I do want to assure you that
gnopernicus and GNOME have very full internationalization support
built-in, and we intend to support language tagging of content when a
suitable tagging format is either standardized or, lacking that, we may
introduce a tagging format ourselves.

My original point was along these lines: the issue of on-the-fly changes
to the locale of a running application is rather more complex, and it's
important that any ad hoc solutions used by applications like
gnopernicus are developed in full consultation with internationalization
experts and are fully compatible with existing standards and practice.

Best regards,

-Bill

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>