Re: global proxy settings

<quote who="Miguel de Icaza">

> > Typical setups are just the desktop, plus a small number of apps,
> > often apps people have some control over. No one cares about xterm or
> > xfig in this context.
>
> The apps you would particularly care about are things like:
>
> 	* Printer settings for anything that prints.

Distribution-level printing integration, GNOME platform solution necessary.

> 	* Star Office (printer settings, templates, default documents,
> 	  company files, etc).

GNOME has office applications that can take advantage of GNOME platform more
readily that Star Office at the moment.

> 	* Netscape/Mozilla (lots of configuration bits here).

GNOME has web browsers and components that can integrate with GNOME desktop
standard settings, etc. (Galeon, etc.)

> Those are part of the ones you will have little control over.

These seem somewhat controllable already, with little work on our end.

- Jeff

--
   "Debian is not as minor as many business end people think." - Alan Cox