Re: global proxy settings

> > GConf might be a long term strategy to manage workgroups [1].  But quite
> > frankly I do not see this happening any time soon, you still have a lot
> > of legacy applications lying around and they will continue to be there
> > for a long time.
>
> Typical setups are just the desktop, plus a small number of apps,
> often apps people have some control over. No one cares about xterm or
> xfig in this context.

The apps you would particularly care about are things like:

	* Printer settings for anything that prints.

	* Star Office (printer settings, templates, default documents,
	  company files, etc).

	* Netscape/Mozilla (lots of configuration bits here).

Those are part of the ones you will have little control over.

Miguel.