Re: global proxy settings

Hi,

On Wed, 2001-12-19 at 16:58, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Alex Graveley <alex ximian com> writes:
> > Is Gnome2 going to include the Location Manager from XST?  This seems to
> > be the only viable solution to the location/profile problem.
>
> I don't think anyone's ever sat down and explained what the problem
> is, how the location manager solves it,

The problem is that I have different proxy settings for when my laptop
is home and when its at work (not to mention network settings, nfs/samba
sharing, etc).  As I understand it, the location manager lets me create
profiles and switch between them to adjust these settings.

Currently if I have to adjust these settings based on my current
location I get to go into Nautilus Preferences, Galeon Preferences, Gaim
Preferences, FoobarNetworkedApp Preferences and manually re-enter the
settings.

> and how it interacts with
> other stuff e.g. porting-doc/session-management.xml and workgroup
> administration via gconf. That sort of homework is really needed.

I don't know what gconf workgroup administration is.

-Alex

--
 Think about it man!  Rock singers are only rockin you half the time...
 the other time they're... they're breathing... in!  But not anymore

			-- Tenacious D