Re: Getting libgnome* into shape

On Thu, 2001-08-30 at 09:18, George wrote:

> Dependencies are exactly the same.  If you think about how shared libraries
> work, you can do the SAME stuff without corba with just a C api.  Mostly
> because that's how you're gonna implement it underneath anyway.

the dependencies are, in fact, not the same.

with just C api, 2 libraries / applications cannot use features of each
other.  ie, gal cannot call eel functions if eel calls gal functions.

however, if the glue between them is simply bonobo, they actually can
use each other, instead of the one-way dependency tree we now have.

yes, both libraries depend on certain versions of each other. that is
what package management systems are for.

jacob
--
"OOH!!!  Look at me!!  I'm Jacob Berkman!  I have a witty .signature
 that nobody fully appreciates but myself!!"  -- Anonymous