Re: Getting libgnome* into shape
- From: Jon Trowbridge <trow ximian com>
- To: Jacob Berkman <jacob ximian com>
- Cc: George <jirka 5z com>, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, gnome-2-0 <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Getting libgnome* into shape
- Date: 30 Aug 2001 12:13:59 -0500
On Thu, 2001-08-30 at 11:54, jacob berkman wrote:
> with just C api, 2 libraries / applications cannot use features of each
> other. ie, gal cannot call eel functions if eel calls gal functions.
> however, if the glue between them is simply bonobo, they actually can
> use each other, instead of the one-way dependency tree we now have.
So we can have a complex dependency graph rather than a dependency
tree... is this a good thing? Would we want to do such a thing even if
(This is not a flame... I'm honestly curious if there are really cases
where this would be worthwhile.)
] [Thread Prev