Re: Getting libgnome* into shape
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- Cc: George <jirka 5z com>, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>, gnome-2-0 <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Getting libgnome* into shape
- Date: 30 Aug 2001 14:14:44 -0400
jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> the dependencies are, in fact, not the same.
> with just C api, 2 libraries / applications cannot use features of each
> other. ie, gal cannot call eel functions if eel calls gal functions.
> however, if the glue between them is simply bonobo, they actually can
> use each other, instead of the one-way dependency tree we now have.
And this is a good idea because.... ;-)
> yes, both libraries depend on certain versions of each other. that is
> what package management systems are for.
Asking around, I'm told RPM will not be able to handle the cyclical
] [Thread Prev