Re: Getting libgnome* into shape
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: George <jirka 5z com>, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Getting libgnome* into shape
- Date: 30 Aug 2001 11:58:30 -0400
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> writes:
> yes, I agree with you. It's not like it's better to use Bonobo for
> everything, just for the things that make sense.
> And, as you noted in your previous mail, if all the use that is made of
> GConf/bonobo-confing is in a couple of places only, it does not make
> sense all this initialization stuff. I would vote for your idea of just
> initializing when needed.
I intend to make gconf_init() a no-op, so initialization won't happen
until you get an engine.
Just be sure we demand-create the default engine when you call
get_default_engine(), instead of unconditionally filling in a global
variable on startup or something.
] [Thread Prev