Re: Getting libgnome* into shape

> > So, I suppose it is not such a big deal to rename those functions to
> > gnome_desktop_file or gnome_this_is_not_the_config_system or whatever,
> > and then provide a script to make the change in apps. Also, this could
> > encourage people to move their config settings to GConf/bonobo_conf.
> >
> > The ideal solution IMO for this, would be to move those functions to
> > GLib, but well, a rename should be enough for the moment, I think.
>
> Eeeeek, you don't really want this crap in glib, don't you ?

I don't know about the ugliness or not of that code, but it seems to me
that INI-file parsing is a nice addition to GLib. If the code is ugly
and a crap, as you say, I would just rename it, if needed at all.

I think app developers should be kindly "obligated" to switch to
GConf/bonobo-conf for GNOME 2, and keeping the old
"crappy-but-still-works" gnome_config API is just a way to allow lazy
maintainers to not do the switch to GConf/bonobo-conf at all.

cheers