Opinions on when to start Nautilus porting?

I know that Gimp porting to GNOME 2 is already underway. I also know that there are problems in various platform libraries. I also remember from GUADEC that Michael Meeks was particularly adamant that he didn't want me starting to port Nautilus before the libraries were ready.

So, folks, any thoughts on when Ramiro and I (and the rest of the gang) should start porting Nautilus?

(For the moment, lets ignore the issue of when the Red Hat Nautilus patches will get rolled in, although I definitely want to do those before porting.)

    -- Darin