Re: Windows Admin user running Glom

Given that Admin privileges is the default on Windows perhaps it would be wise to support that configuration?  I've had to choose another solution because of this limitation.

Cheers,

David

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:05 PM, Armin Burgmeier <armin arbur net> wrote:
On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 22:57 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 21:54 +0100, Armin Burgmeier wrote:
> > It might make sense to allow running Glom with an admin account when
> > using SQLite, though. In the database creation dialog, we could replace
> > the postgresql options with a message that postgresql is only available
> > when not running as admin.
>
> Yes, unless we ever manage to implement multi-user use over the network
> with sqlite.
>
> However, sqlite will simply not be enabled in most builds. It's meant
> mostly for embedded use. It won't be an option.

Do you want the official Windows build to contain SQLite support or not?
If not, then it's probably not worth putting too much effort into
getting it to run properly with admin privileges.

Armin