Re: doesn't this work?

On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 23:58 +0100, Jan Claeys wrote:
Op donderdag 24-01-2008 om 15:10 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Murray
Cumming:
Thanks. I see now that that's just the regular updates repository that
we probably all have already in our sources.list. So far we have not
been able to persuade anybody at Ubuntu/Canonical to put bug-fix
packages of Glom in there.

I suspect there might be an available time issue for the people who have
to approve this...  :-/  Also, only fixes for serious bugs could go in
there, it might be up to some users to request fixes and convince the
developers about their seriousness.

That's why I said filing bugs is really essential (preferably by the
users themselves, or at least with their complaints).  You could also
use the bug report(s) to point to your PPA, so that people will actually
find it...

There have been plenty of bugs filed and we have plenty of contact with
Ubuntu decision makers. The Ubuntu policy simply does not allow updated
packages for these bugs. However, I do believe that these rules are
regularly bent for more visible package such as OpenOffice.

Now that we have the new packages in the PPA I will of course mention it
in future Ubuntu bug reports.

--
Murray Cumming