Re: doesn't this work?

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 23:05 +0100, TEK-en wrote:

I'm not sure this is the right email for this type of question but I
don't
know any other.

I have now tryed glom some and I have some questions. I run 1.6 on
Ubuntu 7.10
- When I have created a field I change it from number to text but this
doesn't
have any affect. Even if I close and run it again it's back to number?

This bug was fixed, but Ubuntu don't update their packages. It's very
annoying. We (Openismus) are working on some alternative packages for
Ubuntu 7.10.

- For some fields I have also created a list to use but I cant see it.
Is this
because the field is number insteed of text or what?

Could you be more precise, please. Are you talking about the choices
feature when editing the field definition?

- If I change a field to contain 3 rows it doesn't keep that either?
- Is this supposed to work or what is wrong?

I also don't understand what you mean by a field containing 3 rows.

I havent got much further and right now I can't even close it.

- Is there any way to import data from another db in the format (for
instance)
tab text?

Not yet, though I guess we could add this feature in future. It can be
done now via SQL, accessing the PostgreSQL database directly. I've done
this in the past via Python.