Re: [glade--]Re: glade-- and gtkmm-1.3

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 03:36, Christof Petig wrote:
> Damon Chaplin wrote:

> >   <property agent="glademm" name="separate_file">True</property>
> >
> > Does that sound OK?
> >
> > Unfortunately I haven't updated Glade to load/save that yet, but I
> > should get to it this week.
>
> but <property name="cxx_separate_file">True</> still worked up to now,
> didn't it? I'm fine with both but marking this property as glademm
> specific is definitely a good idea.

I'm not sure. It may have worked by chance!

We have to separate the glade-- properties from normal widget
properties, to stop libglade from trying to set them.

> ----- I have some long lasting ideas for future expansions (simply
> didn't find the time to code it in glade) ------
>
> In C++ a signal callback's data needs to be typed. Up to now I use a
> heuristic: 'true' or 'false' -> boolean, decimal number -> int, else
> string. But Sometimes widget pointer or enums make sense. IIRC glade
> always uses const char * cast to a gpointer?
>
> - an additional data type entry for C++ (within Signals), in C++ even
> more than one parameter is possible (one of gtkmm's real strengths!)

The new DTD doesn't support setting any data parameters for signals, I'm
afraid.

> -----
>
> Conditional Widget inclusion would be another fine feature. Say you only
> want a widget if defined(EXTENSION_FOO) ... Doesn't that sound a nice
> feature even for C? But of course this feature (once simply implemented)
> would call for a lot of UI (show me the window with EXTENSION2 defined)
> to make it work smoothly.

I'm not sure you need that very often. And it is fairly easy to
show/hide widgets in the interface, after creating the window.

Damon