Re: [glade--]Re: glade-- and gtkmm-1.3

Damon Chaplin wrote:

The new DTD doesn't support setting any data parameters for signals, I'm
afraid.

That's a K.O. criterium for me. Why did you delete it? I admit that parameter passing is hackish in C.

Well, I'd implement it but how to put it into the XML file. Do you have any proposals?

<signal ... glademm-data="1,2" glademm-type="int,int">

???

Conditional Widget inclusion would be another fine feature. Say you only want a widget if defined(EXTENSION_FOO) ... Doesn't that sound a nice feature even for C? But of course this feature (once simply implemented) would call for a lot of UI (show me the window with EXTENSION2 defined) to make it work smoothly.

I'm not sure you need that very often. And it is fairly easy to
show/hide widgets in the interface, after creating the window.

Oh, it's not a fancy idea. It's a two years old plan. I'd love to share a glade file between different but similar projects. Hiding them is ok but you have to code it by hand and you need these widgets variables visible (which is not default for C++, you have to request the widgets you want to access).

I'll implement it for C++, but wanted to ask you first whether it might be interesting for C projects, too.

By the way, how to convert glade-1 files to glade-2?