[Glade-users] glade 3.6 and user data in callback function

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 8:43 PM, daniel <drmartens at gnu.univ.gda.pl> wrote:
Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

There are 2 issues at hand:
? 1.) Glade doesnt do a good job of letting the user know what is
? ? ? ?happening with user data.

? 2.) it swaps the user_data with the widget for historical reasons,
? ? ? ?libglade worked that way and I cant recall exactly where the
? ? ? ?decision was made but I suppose by default it just does the
? ? ? ?same as libglade to avoid complications in conversions etc.

OK, but do you know if it is going to change in the nearest future?
Because I'm wondering if it's safe to use.

GTK+ wont break the api on GtkBuilder, if they do for 3.0 then
they'll have a good reason, but its all fairly new stuff so its safe.

What I expect to see in GtkBuilder is a <signal id="clicked" swaped="True" .../>
type of construct to allow us to define whether the user data is swapped.

Could be (doubt it) that it was already implemented while I wasnt watching...