[Glade-users] glade 3.6 and user data in callback function

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 2:03 PM, daniel <drmartens at gnu.univ.gda.pl> wrote:

So I tried to pass different objects that are already defined in the
glade file, but none of them has been passed to the callback function
(I'm using pygtk). Is this feature working in 3.6? I've read that it
worked awkward in previous versions, but was to be fixed in 3.6...

It should be working, are you using GtkBuilder in python ?

If Glade remembers the objects you set as connect data
then it could be 2 things:
  - Glade is serializing signals with an incorrect format
  - GtkBuilder has bugs deffering signal connections until
    after the parse finishes.

Yes, I'm using GtkBuilder. In Glade, when I start typing in "user data"
column, I can see the list of objects I can choose from (e.g. the models
I have already defined), so I simply choose one.
But if I add an additional argument to my callback function that would
reflect the change in glade, I get 'too many arguments' error, which
tells me that my user data param has not been passed.

I've never used this feature in any previous Glade version, but it the
new version it would be quite handy...

daniel