[Glade-users] glade 3.6 and user data in callback function

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 2:03 PM, daniel <drmartens at gnu.univ.gda.pl> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to search the list, but couldn't find a definite answer.
If I understand this correctly, If I want to pass some additional data
to a callback function, I can only pass an object, that is already
defined in the glade file.

So I tried to pass different objects that are already defined in the
glade file, but none of them has been passed to the callback function
(I'm using pygtk). Is this feature working in 3.6? I've read that it
worked awkward in previous versions, but was to be fixed in 3.6...

It should be working, are you using GtkBuilder in python ?

If Glade remembers the objects you set as connect data
then it could be 2 things:
  - Glade is serializing signals with an incorrect format
  - GtkBuilder has bugs deffering signal connections until
    after the parse finishes.

not sure which at this point...