[Glade-users] Glade-3 newbie

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 3:56 PM, John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:53:29 -0500
Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org> wrote:

2) Most widgets can be ctrl-C and ctrl-V'd just fine, but some, eg. a
GtkEntry, resist (they can be copied through the pop-up menu though).
Is this avoidable?

interesting, I assume your entry has focus when you are trying to
cut/paste the widget, if your entry is selected but does not have
focus it will work correctly.

Hmm. Is there an easy way to remove focus without loosing the selection?

Sure, by clicking anything in the property editor, the main toolbar,
the palette, or just by pressing the tab key.

If I click on the widget, it gets selected and gets focus. If I click
anywhere outside the window being created, It focus goes away, and
selection remains, but ctrl-C doesn't work anymore.

Maybe this was fixed with trunk, I dont get that behavior (and its
not the indended behavior).

The behavior I get with trunk is that the first click selects the widget
(and cntl-x/cntl-c works), the second click is passed on to the widget,
in the case of the editable entry it will grab focus.