[Glade-users] Glade-3 newbie

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:53:29 -0500
Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org> wrote:

2) Most widgets can be ctrl-C and ctrl-V'd just fine, but some, eg. a
GtkEntry, resist (they can be copied through the pop-up menu though).
Is this avoidable?

interesting, I assume your entry has focus when you are trying to
cut/paste the widget, if your entry is selected but does not have
focus it will work correctly.

Hmm. Is there an easy way to remove focus without loosing the selection?
If I click on the widget, it gets selected and gets focus. If I click
anywhere outside the window being created, It focus goes away, and
selection remains, but ctrl-C doesn't work anymore.

Note that with GtkComboBoxEntry, I can ctrl-C, but only when I click
exactly on the border of (but not inside) the down-arrow button. I
haven't found such 'sweet spot' with GtkEntry.

John