[Glade-users] Glade-3 newbie

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM, John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:
Hello people,

I wanted to update an old GTK-1.x program, and decided it was
time to switch to Glade-3. Though I've used Glades 1 and 2, I now have a
couple of issues:

1) Typing text into a label (or so) seems to get slower and slower when
the project gets more complicated... There is no visual feedback while
typing, and the text appears up to 2 - 3 seconds after finishing it
completely. Is this normal (on a 3 GHz AMD)? Changing spinbuttons in
properties also slows down, to a point when clicking causes spurious
increments/decrements.

What version of Glade are you using ?

Can you send a Glade file that is complex enough to significantly
slow down Glade ? (or attach it to a bug in bugzilla.gnome.org
for the glade3 product).

2) Most widgets can be ctrl-C and ctrl-V'd just fine, but some, eg. a
GtkEntry, resist (they can be copied through the pop-up menu though). Is
this avoidable?

interesting, I assume your entry has focus when you are trying to
cut/paste the widget, if your entry is selected but does not have
focus it will work correctly.

The reason for this is because editable entries can have their text
edited inline (editing the entry should also result in the text
property changing), and the entry handles cntl-C/cntl-V for cut
and paste of text.

I think its better to leave this functionality in place with the
cost of the mentioned discomfort.

3) Is it possible to recover the (vertical) space of the label in a
frame? Sometimes I just want the frame decoration, no label.
Emptying the label string doesn't work, and deleting the label from the
frame leaves a 'hole'.

The hole is only virtual, unfortunately we dont have a demo mode
to show you what your interface would look like in runtime without
the placeholders.